Edwin has been an elected official of the Comox Valley Regional District for the Puntledge-Black Creek area (Electoral Area C) since 2008, and was Chair of the board from 2011-2014. He is committed to representing all the areas and to the principles of regionalism. Edwin has served on the:
- Comox Valley Regional District Board
- Committee of the Whole
- Chair, Electoral areas services committee
- Black Creek-Oyster Bay services committee
- Comox Valley sports centre commission
- Comox Valley water committee
- Comox Valley water supply commission
- South sewer select committee
- Director, Comox Strathcona Regional Hospital Board
- Chair, AVICC Special Committee on Solid Waste
- President AVICC
As a volunteer, Edwin has organized numerous fundraisers and benefits over the years and has worked with many service clubs and nonprofit societies including Comox Valley Economic Development Society, The Comox Valley Community Justice Centre and the Comox Valley Social Planning Society. For these efforts he was awarded the “Freeman of the City of Courtenay” in 2007 and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Medal in 2012.
Edwin believes that in order to move forward on the issues and projects facing the region, elected officials need access to the best information, and should be willing to talk openly and honestly with one another in an atmosphere of respect and decorum.