Deadline For AVICC Resolutions
All resolutions must be received in the AVICC office by the resolutions deadline (set annually by the Executive, but typically the last Friday of February). The 2015 deadline is Monday, February 23.
Download a copy of the 2015 Resolutions Notice/Request for Submissions and Resolutions Process.
Resolutions submitted to the AVICC for consideration shall be received as follows:
- Format the resolution to contain not more than two “whereas” clauses
- Forward one copy of the resolution by regular mail to:
- AVICC525 Government StreetVictoria, BC V8V 0A8
- Forward one copy electronically either by:
- Background documentation must accompany each resolution submitted
Sponsors should be prepared to introduce their resolutions on the Convention floor.
Resolutions Received After The Deadline (Late Resolutions)
a. Resolutions submitted following the expiry of the regular deadline shall be considered “Late Resolutions” and shall comply with all other submission requirements to the AVICC and must be received by the Wednesday noon preceding the date of the Annual General Meeting.
b. Late resolutions shall be available for discussion after all resolutions printed in the Resolutions have been debated.
c. Late resolutions are deemed to be appropriate for discussion only if the topic is such that it has arisen since or was not known prior to the regular deadline date for submission of resolutions.
d. In the event that a late resolution is recommended to be admitted for discussion AVICC shall produce sufficient copies for distribution to the Convention.
Process for Resolutions of Provincial Interest
1. Members submit their resolutions to Area Association for debate.
2. The Area Association submits the endorsed resolutions of provincial interest to UBCM.
3. The UBCM Resolution Committee reviews the resolutions for submission to the UBCM Convention.
4. Endorsed resolutions at the UBCM Convention are submitted to the appropriate level of government for responses.
5. Once the provincial responses have been conveyed to the UBCM they are forwarded to the sponsor for their review.
Endorsed Resolutions of Interest to AVICC Members Only
Some resolutions are of interest only to AVICC member communities because of their regional nature. In such cases, AVICC Executive submits the endorsed resolution directly to the appropriate level of government or agency for response. Responses are then forwarded to the sponsor for review and posted under the Newsroom page of the website.
For More Information
- The Resolution Notice and Process is distributed by email to AVICC member contacts by regular mail and email in early November
- Resolutions submitted by the deadline will be published in the 2014 AVICC Annual Report and Resolutions Book
- 2015 Resolutions Notice/Request for Submissions and Resolutions Process.
- AVICC Conference Rules and Procedures
- Link to UBCM Resolutions Database
- Link to UBCM Resolutions Procedure
The AVICC acknowledges that we are grateful to live, work, and play on the traditional territories of theCoast Salish, Nuu-Chah-Nulth and Kwak-Waka’wakw Peoples