Solid Waste Management
The AVICC Special Committee on Solid Waste Management was formed in response to the need identified by members to initiate a process to work toward finding a long-term sustainable strategy for solid waste management on Vancouver Island and the coastal communities.
Nine regional districts within the AVICC region are members of the Special Committee. The Committee began its work May 1, 2015 with an initial one year term. The Chair of the Special Committee has reported back to the AVICC membership at the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 conventions on the work being undertaken, and the membership has continued to endorse the work plan and priorities of the special committee at each convention.
Minutes of Meetings
- 2020 March 5 Workshop – Draft
- 2019 March 25 Workshop
- 2018 August 24 Teleconference
- 2018 March 16 Workshop
- 2017 March 3 Workshop
- 2016 November 30 Workshop
- 2016 March 18 Workshop
- 2015 November 20 Teleconference
- 2015 October 16 Workshop
- 2015 September 11 Workshop
- 2015 August 28 Teleconference
- 2015 July 10 Teleconference
- 2015 June 19 Workshop
- 2015 May 29 Teleconference
- 2015 May 14 Teleconference
Reports and Presentations
- 2018 September – Meeting with Minister Heyman briefing note
- 2018 September – Meeting with Minister Heyman photo
- 2017 February Presentation to Electoral Area Forum
- 2015 November Letter from Edwin Grieve to Regional Districts
- 2015 October Jerry Berry Consultants Prioritization Report
- 2015 September Tetra Tech Report on Metrics and Action Items
- 2015 June Workshop PPT Presentation
Terms of Reference
Recycle Right – At Home Campaign
The Association of Vancouver Island and Coastal Communities with partnership from 8 regional districts developed the new Recycle Right at Home campaign, providing residents across all regional districts information for how to reduce, reuse and recycle responsibly and effectively at home.
Five short videos were developed that focussed on different aspects of recycling to inform and hopefully inspire residents to ‘Recycle Right’. The campaign presented easily adaptable ideas to work towards waste reduction. The videos were tailored to the different needs of each regional district. Click the links to view videos from different RDs.