AVICC will be holding an on-line election for positions on the AVICC Executive, and will announce the results at the May 28th Virtual AGM.
A call for nominations was sent out to the membership, and the results of the nominations received are set out in the Nomination Report below.
Nomination Report for 2021/2022 Executive
AVICC’s current President, 1st Vice President and Electoral Area Representative will be re-elected by acclamation at the AGM.
- President – Ian Morrison, Director, Cowichan Valley Regional District
- 1st Vice President – Penny Cote, Director, Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District
- Electoral Area Representative – Vanessa Craig, Director, Regional District of Nanaimo
There will be an election for the 2nd Vice President position, and for the three available Director at Large positions.
2nd Vice President (1 to be elected):
- Hazel Braithwaite, Councillor, District of Oak Bay (incumbent)
- Ben Geselbracht, Councillor, City of Nanaimo
Directors at Large (3 to be elected):
- Janet Dorward, Councillor, District of Port Hardy
- Colleen Evans, Councillor, City of Campbell River (incumbent)
- Sarah Fowler, Councillor, Village of Tahsis
- Mark Gisborne, Director, qathet Regional District (incumbent)
- Travis Hall, Director, Central Coast Regional District (incumbent)
Voting will be open to elected officials who are registered delegates for the 2021 AVICC AGM and Convention, and delegates will be assigned specific voting credentials as part of their convention registration. This is consistent with AVICC and UBCM usual procedure where registered delegates are eligible to vote.
Candidate biographies, links to candidate speeches, and voting credentials will be sent out prior to the AGM and Convention. The results of the elections will be announced on May 28th.