2017 Submit a Resolution
Please submit resolutions for consideration at the 2017 Convention by February 21, 2017.
The form to submit a resolution with further instructions is available at this link – Resolution Submission
Resolutions submitted to the AVICC for consideration shall be received as follows:
- Format the resolution to contain not more than two “whereas” clauses
- Forward one copy of the resolution by regular mail to:
- AVICC525 Government StreetVictoria, BC V8V 0A8
- Forward one copy electronically either by:
- 2017 Online Resolutions Submission Form
- or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Background documentation must accompany each resolution submitted
Sponsors should be prepared to introduce their resolutions on the Convention floor.
Resolutions Received After The Deadline (Late Resolutions)
a. Resolutions submitted following the expiry of the regular deadline shall be considered “Late Resolutions” and shall comply with all other submission requirements to the AVICC and must be received by the Wednesday noon preceding the date of the Annual General Meeting.
b. Late resolutions shall be available for discussion after all resolutions printed in the Resolutions have been debated.
c. Late resolutions are deemed to be appropriate for discussion only if the topic is such that it has arisen since or was not known prior to the regular deadline date for submission of resolutions.
d. In the event that a late resolution is recommended to be admitted for discussion AVICC shall produce sufficient copies for distribution to the Convention.
Process for Resolutions of Provincial Interest
1. Members submit their resolutions to Area Association for debate.
2. The Area Association submits the endorsed resolutions of provincial interest to UBCM.
3. The UBCM Resolution Committee reviews the resolutions for submission to the UBCM Convention.
4. Endorsed resolutions at the UBCM Convention are submitted to the appropriate level of government for responses.
5. Once the provincial responses have been conveyed to the UBCM they are forwarded to the sponsor for their review.
- Link to UBCM Resolutions Database
- Link to UBCM Resolutions Procedure
The AVICC acknowledges that we are grateful to live, work, and play on the traditional territories of theCoast Salish, Nuu-Chah-Nulth and Kwak-Waka’wakw Peoples