2021 Resolutions Process
AVICC has received a large volume of resolutions this year. There were 46 resolutions received by the March 26th deadline. This compares to 39 resolutions received by the deadline in 2020, 48 resolutions in 2019, and 38 resolutions in 2018.
The AVICC Executive met on April 16th to review the 46 resolutions received from members this year, and has finalized the 2021 Resolutions Process.
- Delegates who have registered for the Convention and who are elected officials of AVICC members will be able to vote on-line for resolutions between May 24th and May 26th.
- Delegates will be assigned specific voting credentials as part of their convention registration.
- Results of the on-line voting will be announced at the May 28th AGM and Convention.
- Resolutions will not be grouped in an Endorse “block” in 2021. This means that registered delegates will be able to vote on each resolution separately.
- Each resolution sponsor will be given the opportunity to record a three-minute speech on their resolution. The speeches will be made available on-line ahead of the voting period for delegates to view.
- The background information provided by members to support their resolution will also be distributed to delegates. Delegates will be able to contact the resolution sponsor directly with any questions about the resolution or their background information.
- Resolutions as set out in the final Resolutions Package cannot be amended.
- The sponsoring local government of a resolution may request withdrawal of their resolution through a Council or Board resolution submitted to AVICC by May 14th.
- All resolutions included in the resolutions report are considered moved and seconded by members of the AVICC Executive, and are on the floor for on-line voting.
- Due to the 2021 AGM and Convention being held virtually, Late Resolutions and Off-the-Floor Resolutions cannot be accommodated for the 2021 virtual AGM and Convention, and can be submitted directly to UBCM by their June 30th deadline.
The final resolutions for voting will be distributed in the Annual Report and Resolutions Package.